Monday, July 14, 2008

Not in the Kitchen with Phineas

You probably think that the hiatus from my kitchen exploits is on account of the hot weather we've been having. But it isn't. A few weeks ago Phineas informed me that the oven was broken. (Broken? How on earth do you break and oven!?!?)

A part has been ordered and so I am waiting.... impatiently. With a new baking cookbook. Waiting. Blueberries are ripening. Peaches are starting to come in. And here I am with no hope of a blueberry peach pie. Strawberries and raspberries are almost done for the year. And here I am with no chance of a tart. Waiting. Impatient.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem - uh - I have an oven - and, um - well, I love peaches and blueberries and fruit pies - and can;t possibly be relied upon to bake one myself...

I'm just sayin'

Clio said...

LOL - Next time I visit then!