Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Introducing the Breakfast Cookie


Yes, this does seem like an oxymoron: a breakfast cookie. But in terms of texture, this tasty treat is more muffin top than cookie. And what could be more wholesome than oatmeal, whole wheat flour, raisins (or craisins), carrot, walnuts and cinnamon? Plus there is little fat, less sugar than most breakfast bars and absolutely no preservatives. So, I contend that this is a perfect breakfast... er... um... even taking into account the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips I may have added.


I know, I know! If I had made it into bars it would seem more legit as a breakfast item. It's true. But somehow I can't imagine it tasting quite as good or being as much a treat as if I make them into cookies. So there.

Here is the recipe. My tinkering: 1/3 cup chocolate chips, craisins instead of raisins, additional oatmeal to replace the bran flakes, and I make 18 cookies instead of 12.

No comments: