Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On the Menu Tonight

Lamb Chops with Quinoa "Risotto" and Asparagus

Week 2 of Tuesday's Blue Plate Special will feature Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) - an increadibly nutritious ancient grain/seed native to the Andes. It has a nuttier flavor and more texture than rice, couscous or pasta. Delicious!

I generally use one of 2 methods depending on whether I want it to be fluffy like couscous or creamy like risotto. Tonight we are going for creamy. Check back tomorrow for the results.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to know what you did with the Quinoa. I've made it a few times, and it ends up being fluffy. Let me know how creamy goes!

I have to wait a few more weeks to try the Pollo al Ajillo. Out of all the things I could be sensitive to, I am having garlic adversions(this really puts a damper on much of what is on rotation for dinner at the house). I am hoping once I get past week 12, it will subside.

It was great to see you in Vegas! We have to get together more often(on the East Coast).
Mar-Mar

Clio said...

YES! Definitely lets get together more often.

Uuugh! Of all the things to be sensitive to! I'm not sure I would be able to cook without garlic.

Clio said...

The secret to creamy quinoa is butter. Butter and parmesan, too.