Monday, April 6, 2009

Stash and Grab

When I got home on Friday, I was greeted with a happy delivery: a new stack of patterns that I had ordered.

Some may think I've gone overboard. But this is what happens when BMV (that's Butterick, McCall's, Vogue pattern company) sends me a "we miss you" 75% off your next on-line purchase discount code... 9 patterns for $32 including shipping. For sewing patterns, that's practically free. Here's my haul.

A summer skirt and summer pants, destined to be made in cool cotton or linen fabrics:


Some basic tees/tops in knits and wovens:


A bunch of wardrobe basics for work and play. I love the halter top in this one and am thinking it should be made in white eyelet:


And for future use, a host of wraps and shrugs.


The scary thing is, there are at least a half dozen more patterns that I want to buy at the moment which were not from BMV. This is aside from the fact that Butterick's and McCall's just started doing custom patterns (ie. pick a pattern, send them your measurements and they send you the patter in your custom size). How cool is that? I'm sure that is why they sent me such a crazy coupon - to clean out all the old patterns to make way for the custom (and therefore much more expensive!) ones.

Anyway, I don't really have all that large a stash, so this was an excellent opportunity to build it up. Plus, I'm stimulating the economy. Yeah. That's what I'm doing....

No comments: