Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good things by mail!


While the family visit mayhem continues, I am receiving good things by mail. I did, in the end, find a way to justify buying all of the lingerie patterns that I wanted (hello, summer sales!). Honestly, I have to give mad props to PatternReview. I ordered the KwikSew and Jalie patterns from them. Not only did I receive 20% off for subscribing to their Tracings e-newsletter PLUS free shipping, but the patterns shipped within 24 hours and arrived super fast. It really was one of the best on-line pattern shopping experiences that I've had.

I've already read through each pattern. I have to say, Kwik Sew really has cornered the market on clear and simple instructions. Jalie, too. I'm thinking of starting with the basic cami from this KS pattern.
It is bias cut with facings, made for wovens, and, well, it seems incredibly simple. However, this project will not happen until after I've completed some pants and the knit tops that are currently in limbo! Sigh... so many projects and so little time!

1 comment:

gwensews said...

What fun! Make some beautiful lingerie.