Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

A very fun Halloween was had by the Muses and nephews, and so much candy was consumed by all that it will most likely be a very good Christmas for our dentists. 

I'm not sure I've ever dressed as a superhero for Halloween before. I loved it!  I may have to be a superhero for Halloween every year from now on. You may find my character - Hit Girl, a 10 year old vigilante described as "John Rambo meets Polly Pocket" from the movie/graphic novel Kick-A**- to be controversial. So be it. She is. But when I saw the movie last spring, I loved that she is strong and empowered, that her character and the havoc she wreaks is non-sexualized, and that she doesn't wear a trampy costume (why is it so hard to find a non-slutty Halloween costume these days!?!?). Plus who doesn't love a purple wig?

Hit Girl - My ten year old vigilante superhero alter-ego.
Here's a few more pictures from my day. I hope you had an excellent Halloween, too!

Mario and Luigi - Mom Muse really got into the spirit!



Venom (Spider Man's arch nemesis) and the cutest pumpkin in the patch.

Poly as a witch, Me as Hit Girl, Calliope as a rabbit and Erato as a cheerleader

6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh! You all look fantastic! I have not seen that movie yet but have heard good things. Seriously, you can't not love purple hair!

Mar-Mar said...

I love the purple hair...ALOT!! Love your costume and the other muses' costumes too! Love Mario & Luigi! Nice job!
Happy Halloween!

Mar-Mar

Anonymous said...

Love your non-skanky costume! ;)

Clio said...

Thanks everyone! I had such a fun time yesterday.

Andrea said...

Love your costume. Everyone looks great.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Very fun costume(s)! I don't think I've ever been a super hero either, hmm. I was Poison Ivy (from Batman) once, maybe that counts.