Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wonder Woman: Cue My Theme Song



At the starting Line.
Today's SuperHero Half Marathon and Relay Race (I ran the relay with Phin) was a ton of fun. And it was great to be in costume because people cheered me on which really helped keep me going.



Here is the full view of my costume. I made the belt and cuffs from some spandex purchased at Stretch House in the Garment district, and ironed on stars to a pair of navy blue running capris and a Wonder Woman logo to a red tank top. The tiara started life as a Disney Princesses birthday party crown, which I spray painted gold and added a red star to. There were lots of people in costume...

Like this wonder duo - a female Superman and Robin. Seriously, these two could run - the are a blur.


And the Incredibles (also a blur). 

Oh look! I'm a blur too.
HA ha ha. Ok, I did not set any land-speed records over my 6.7mile leg of the race. But it was a real triumph for me to run that distance in a race for the first time. I'm feeling pretty super! 

I hope you had a super weekend, too!

8 comments:

Karin said...

It's a perfect costume for a fun run. Plenty of fun but still able to run! Well done to you for running the race!

Faye Lewis said...

What fun and what a great costume.

Mar-Mar said...

Wonderwoman! How fitting! I am glad you had fun! Love your outfit btw. I must starting running...must start walking...must get off my duff.

'nuff said
Mar-Mar

Sheila said...

You had too much fun and love your costume.... Congrsts!!!

Anonymous said...

You should be very chuffed with yourself...both for the race and the fab costume.

Clio said...

Thanks, ladies! I am rather pleased with myself - there really aren't enough occasions that require costumes!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!