Friday, January 27, 2012

Purple. Puffy. Perfect for a 13-Year-Old

 Need I say more? Well, ok, just a few words...

I have no clue what's going on with the color in this pic.

My  niece, Miss J, asked me to knit her a scarf a la my very first knitting project. This is such an easy project  that I said yes. We decided it should be purple - a lilac shade.

Karabella Puffy

It took just a few nights on the couch while watching tv. Basically, all you do is cast on, knit the whole way (garter stitch) and then bind off when you run out of yarn. Voila! You have a scarf. I made Miss J's scarf a bit shorter and narrower than mine - just 2 balls of yarn.


Have a great weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute scarf and she will enjoy it.

gwensews said...

She looks happy wearing her new scarf. What a nice aunt you are!

sewistafashionista said...

The sides of my first knitted scarf were not so even. You did a very nice job!

Jean said...

Beautiful scarf! Great color and such a cozy look!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Looks nice and warm!